Forest School at Highfield House Nursery
We have recently introduced Forest School to Highfield House. Although we do not have any woodland, we do have a natural meadow with a number of trees. Our Forest School sessions take place in our meadow, following the 6 principles of Forest School. We currently offer sessions to our Professors but are looking to expand out to the whole of the nursery in the coming year. We run our programmes in blocks of 5 or 6 weeks and they are run by our own Forest School trained leader. Our sessions currently take place on a Wednesday and Thursday morning.
The 6 principles of Forest School are:
1. Forest School is a long-term process of frequent and regular sessions in a woodland or natural environment.
2. Forest School takes place in a woodland or natural environment to support the development of a relationship between the learner and the natural world
3. Forest School aims to promote the holistic development of all those involved
4. Forest school offers learners the opportunity to take supported risks appropriate to the environment and to themselves
5. Forest School is run by qualified Forest School Practitioners
6. Forest School is child-led, using a range of processes to create a community for development and learning
During the school holidays we run ‘Forest School’ camps for 4-7year olds. The next camp will run in February half term, Please contact the nursery for more information.
We also run Holiday Camps during Half Term, Easter and Summer Holidays.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org